➤ Von 0 auf 100 km/h in 21 Sekunden

Autor Thema: Quietsht in 4 gängen  (Gelesen 2638 mal)

Offline Finnish Iltis

• Iltisfahrer
Quietsht in 4 gängen
« am: 18. September 2022, 12:12 »
Entschuldigung für die Google-Übersetzung. Das Getriebe quietscht in 4 Gängen ab 60 Gang. Ich habe ein anderes Getriebe, der Zustand ist ein Rätsel. Ist es sinnvoller, bei Panzer Müller einen generalüberholten zu bestellen, oder hat jemand zB schon mal ein Lager tauschen lassen?

I am from Finland, I bought Iltis this summer. I dont speak germany. So I have to use google translator.

Offline landybehr

• Iltisfahrer
Re: Quietsht in 4 gängen
« Antwort #1 am: 18. September 2022, 22:01 »
Hi,
not that I am likely to be signficantly helpful as I am quite new to the Iltis and Forum aswell.  To me the circumstances under which the squealing noise occur are not yet clear enough.
Please try again. Is ist like : everything is fine until the speed raises above 60kp/h ? And then the noise begins? And gets louder or changes with speed ? Will it be there only in 4th gear, or in 3rd gear also ?

Thinking of the work involved to remove it from and replace the gearbox to the vehicle (not sure but I think the engine needs to come out first) it  doesn't sound wise just to try it with a gearbox of unknown condition. On the other hand I haven't read very much about severe problems with the Iltis' gearbox but, as said, my expierience with the Iltis  just expands over a few weeks and I hope the many more experienced members step in to help. Still, please try with another description of tbe symptoms first.

Offline Finnish Iltis

• Iltisfahrer
« Antwort #2 am: 19. September 2022, 09:50 »
Only 4th gear when speed rise over 60 km/h. I investigated that other transmission, I took side axel out from riders side, it was easy job.  When I took speedometer plastic roller off, I can see side axel bearing and sealings. I think that bearing is possible fix even transmission is in its place in car, but it is not easy get out.

But if I order Panzer Muellers transmission, it could last rest of cars life. So 1500 € investment could be wice????? And that looks super fine.  :)

I have read Audi-forums, bearing problems are quite common with Audi transmissions.

Can you read my "rally-english"  :S

Offline Snoop

• Globaler Moderator
« Antwort #3 am: 19. September 2022, 18:20 »
Your english is perfect!

If you could write your first posting again in english, it shall make more sense than the google translator.
Because the translator wrote, that you have a other (different) Transmission???
By the way: Use "Deepl Translate" much more professional!

For the Iltis-transmission it is not very common to make trouble with bad bearings.
Much more often there are leaking shaft seal rings.

If you talk about the 4th gear - it sounds more like a problem inside the gear-box part of the transmission.
But only 4th gear...over 60 km/h?
Have you tried 3rd gear with the same speed or more?
What happens, if you push the clutch as the noise appears?
Have you tried only in 2WD or also in 4WD?

If it is neccesary to switch the transmission, you have to remove the engine first - that is fact.
Very helpfull is the "VW-Iltis-CD" with all shop manuals:

http://forum.vw-183.de/index.php/topic,42545.0.html

Maybe it could be helpfull for other users if you can upload an audio or video file with the noise?
And do you want to tell us your name?

« Letzte Änderung: 19. September 2022, 18:25 von Snoop »

Offline Finnish Iltis

• Iltisfahrer
« Antwort #4 am: 20. September 2022, 06:46 »
Whistling only on 4th gear  over 60 km/h. 2 wd and 4 wd same noise. If I put clutch pedal down, noise stops. Sound is annoying. No metal in magnet. I put redline oil and Finnish RVS-gel in transmission. Maybe it is natural behavior to Iltis or bearing-problem???

Offline landybehr

• Iltisfahrer
« Antwort #5 am: 21. September 2022, 19:02 »
It looks like you nailed it down to the gearbox. Further prove could be gained by temporarily driving without propshaft to the rear axle.

Offline Finnish Iltis

• Iltisfahrer
« Antwort #6 am: 21. September 2022, 20:15 »
I agree. I have also thought I get car up and  try listen noise under the car. If car drops down, we get nice material to "funny home videos"

Offline Finnish Iltis

• Iltisfahrer
« Antwort #7 am: 25. September 2022, 18:48 »
I put an other  drive shaft on drivers side, now both are changed front. Whistling is still there...

Offline Wäller

• Iltisfahrer
« Antwort #8 am: 26. September 2022, 07:22 »
Ich tippe auf falsches Gertriebeöl.

Rein gehört:

Schaltgetriebe: 3,3 Liter SAE 75W-90 Gl 4+ (VW Norm 50150) wie z.B. Castrol Systrans Transaxle 75W-90
Differentialgetriebe: 1,6 Liter SAE 75W-90 Gl 4+ (VW Norm 50150) z.B. Castrol Systrans Transaxle 75W-90

Gruß Dieter

Iltispilot

Offline thomas62

• Iltisfahrer
« Antwort #9 am: 26. September 2022, 19:58 »
Hallo Dieter!

Ich kenne für das Differentialgetriebe nur die Spezifikation GL5, GL4+ wäre mir neu.
Woher hast Du die Info zu GL4+?

Grüße, Thomas

Ich tippe auf falsches Gertriebeöl.

Rein gehört:

Schaltgetriebe: 3,3 Liter SAE 75W-90 Gl 4+ (VW Norm 50150) wie z.B. Castrol Systrans Transaxle 75W-90
Differentialgetriebe: 1,6 Liter SAE 75W-90 Gl 4+ (VW Norm 50150) z.B. Castrol Systrans Transaxle 75W-90

Offline KL7000F

• Administrator
« Antwort #10 am: 26. September 2022, 20:12 »
Füllmenge / Spezifikation Schaltgetriebe und Differential lt. Iltis-Wiki.
Hier noch ein Beitrag von Sirko, welcher im Grunde das Selbe sagt: Klick mich
Hier noch ein Beitrag aus diesem Forum, der das Thema "Getriebeöl" gut behandelt: Klick mich

Ich denke dieses Thema ist durchwegs diskutiert und die Spezifikation ziemlich klar  :)-D
Gruß
Andy

Offline Finnish Iltis

• Iltisfahrer
« Antwort #11 am: 27. September 2022, 10:43 »
In transmission was quite good oil and it had noise with it, so I put red line  which is SAE 75W-90 Gl 4 + Finnish Rvs -gel, but noise is still same. In diff oil is  SAE 75W-90 Gl 5 + Rvs-gel.

I read some Audi-forum and many Audi-drivers use red line -oils.